Wednesday, August 26, 2009

All About Steve

Sometimes things just strike you, stay with you, penetrate your psyche. Are these things usually Michael Keaton films where he plays an idiotic clone? I doubt it. But in the case of Multiplicity where the man and the clones are all Doug, but the dumb one calls them all Steve, I have been charmed for the last 13 years. That's right, I have been calling everyone Steve for the last 13 years, and even have my sisters, friends and nephews in on the action. In doing so, I am really making fun of myself--I'm the dumb one. It isn't meant for anyone to take offense, I probably know your name. It's just that the name Steve seems like the funniest name in the world to me and I enjoy entertaining myself. It's always a bummer when someone is really named Steve. 

4 comments:

  1. my roommates tv is named steve along with the road case i use for a tool box at work, and i think the plunger from my first apt. arguably, the only thing funnier that people steves is inanimate object steves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin, thanks for updating. i like your style. my name is chad jamian williams, see you around!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As one of the beloved sisters, I do have to comment on this one...she really does call everyone Steve, including my fiance :) It's the funniest thing ever! And even funnier is that when I met him, he always called everything and everyone Steve...so it was like I found my match...someone to make me laugh as much as my sister can

    ReplyDelete